Sunday, July 26, 2009

Become Shopportunistic

Howdy friends,
It's been a busy weekend running from one life celebration to the next (Mazel Tov, Congrats, Best Wishes, and Happy Birthday y'all!), so I thought it would be a great idea for a post about gift giving on a budget. One of the best places I've found for both last-minute gifts as well as all things adorable on a budget is Marshalls. Now it's no secret I grew up under the queen of all things beautifully-bargained-price-but-you-wouldn't-know-it, MOM! We spent many an hour at the Marshalls/TJ Maxx/Ross Trifecta and I must say it's truly paid off to make me the bargain shopper I am today.

Problem: I need a gift for an engagement party and the couple hasn't registered.
Solution: Home section at Marshalls and a few impulse buys at checkout
Result: Voila! A well-put together, adorable gift on a budget!

The home section at Marshalls is loaded with great finds, including many serving trays and tchotchke bowls, many for under $9.99. Step on over to the book area, where I've found many recent titles, and this time, found a book that went with my gift idea for only $3.99. A hardcover cookbook-$3.99!! All it takes is a little creativity. Here's what I put together. I hope it inspires you for your next gift need!

Ingredients:
3 adorable chips/salsa/dip bowls in bright colors. Large bowl: $9.99, Small bowls, $4.99 each


1 colorful, informative salsa recipe cookbook, just $3.99


1 bag Tostito's Scoops (my fave) and 1 jar peach salsa, just $3.99 each


1 old Shiner beer case, free from the liquor store, ribbon, cellophane, and a little bit of Cowgirl ribbon, and voila!
(not sure the photos really do it justice)


Anyway the whole package really came together and the bride loved it. It's all about putting together a few raw ingredients to come up with something that looks like a lot more!

Happy gifting!
Pia The Pig

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails