So, this long weekend has been awesome. I have felt young again, spent great times with my great girlfriends and family, and even squeezed in some Pia time. I have listened to myself laugh a lot, talk to strangers who quickly became friends, and start many a sentence with "One of my resolutions is to _______." I highly doubt I will be able to write this same sentence come June or even March, but I really do have good intentions. So! I decided in the bathtub (where many great decisions stem from) that if I can narrow all of these big boomin' resolutions down to 31, I could actually focus on one a day instead of being overloaded each day in 2010 (or at least maybe January) with the millions of self-improvements I am seeking. Alas: a resolution a day worksheet. Because just doing one thing a day might be attainable. And isn't that a goal in itself? Here's my A Resolution A Day list, and a blank one for you to fill out and hang on your mirror, and look at right after you do your daily affirmations.
(I promise to revisit this post monthly for a check-in. We can do this!)
These are in no particular order. Just one a day!
1. Open up one of my many cookbooks and pick something at random. (There is more to finding recipes than FoodNetwork.com!)
2. Visit the SPCA every other Thursday. (My friend Allison takes photos there every Thursday. What a perfect time for me to volunteer.)
3. Kidnap (maybe there is a better word?) my nephew Jack and surprise him (and his mom and dad) with a playground date.
4. Don't just arrive on time (a feat in itself) but be somewhere early today.
5. Clean out my car. (At one time in my life, there was a Crock Pot in my car for a good 4-5 months with no potluck party in sight.)
6. Use Crock Pot. (This could knock out resolutions #1 and #5 also. BAM!)
7. Is the weather nice? Let's have a bike ride. (Just got a rad new bike bell for Hanukkah. Ring ring!)
8. Go out more. (Even if that means taking my computer to Starbucks, Mr. Right might unfortch not ever randomly ring my doorbell to interrupt me watching Keeping Up With The Kardashians.)
9. Archive. Take something out of the old photo box or VHS box and get that on a DVD. This also works for my mess of a computer screen.
10. Read at least a little of the literally 14 books on my nightstand right now. (49+ Magazines there as well, if you must know.)
11. Take a risk. (I am using this twice because I am hella serious about this folks, and I can't be known as all unpredictable on the 11th every month. I have to surprise myself with my own risk-taking days.)
12. Watch more movies. (This is one thing I have been secretly...until now...self-conscious about for years. My lack of movie knowledge. I just prefer TV. But I hate being uninformed. So it's time.)
13. And that being said, catch up on MadMen, Lost, The Office, and rent or watch some show everyone is talking about that I pass by as I watch Wheel of Fortune.
14. Check up on status of Wheel of Fortune coming to Dallas as winning Big Money is one of my Top 5 Goals EVER.
15. Stop losing one earring. (It's worse than socks for me. Go look under the couch cushions!)
16. SPCA day. See #2.
17. Learn to make a website. For realsies. Big plans for my side projects and hobbies this year.
18. Learn to sew. (Or at least take the time to tackle my vintage Bert and Ernie needlepoint kit I won on ebay a year ago.)
19. Put my phone in the glove compartment while driving. SEERUSLY.
20. Send more things requiring stamps.
21. Keep it real. I know I am not going to do yoga or floss more. Take a day to breathe and live in the moment of not trying to be more, do more. Just enjoy how it is right now, more.
22. Take a risk. (See #11.)
23. More Pia Time.
24. Cook dinner for 4 and invite some random friends over. Try a new recipe.
25. Do laundry more often. (I oftentimes do four loads on Sundays.)
26. Set new goals. Self-evaluate and write things down. Adapt this list if need be.
27. Learn a thing or two about wine. And cheese. And world history.
28. Mail my rent check on time.
29. Play more board games.
30. Buy fresh flowers. (Such a treat. I love them though!)
31. Blog more often, now with added opinionization. YAY!
Happy 2010, My Awesomes!
Pia The Pig
2 days ago