Thursday, April 16, 2009

Awesomely Inspiring: The Decorated Cookie


Well, who doesn't love a good decorated cookie? Hell, even a mediocre-ly decorated cookie. Well, a Google image search landed me on The Decorated Cookie blog! This blog is awesome, and I can't wait to get in the kitchen...just as soon as this week ends, riiiight?

Here's a bit about the blogger, Meaghan. She's got a serious Cookie Resume! I've (Meaghan) been a professional cookie decorator for a decade. Until my baby girl made me stay home with her, I was the head decorator at a custom cookie shop, Bundles of Cookies. Our store was featured on the "Today Show." My cookies have appeared in "The Washington Post," "Modern Bride," "The New York Times," and "Chocolatier Magazine." My book on the art of cookie decorating, "Cookie Sensations: Creative Designs for Every Occasion," was published in 2007. Inspired by the joy of crafting the book, I started my own online shop selling cookie decorating kits, Chic Cookies.

Check out some of my favorites below. There are step-by-step instructions on how to make all of these. Bonus: Even if you (or me) doesn't get these right, there are still cookie mess-ups to be eaten. I so want to have a girls cookie party and make these cookies (and drinks)!




ELVIS COOKIES, PEOPLE!

Happy Frosting!
Pia The Pig

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails