Friday, December 3, 2010

Easiest Gift Idea For Strangers: Pay It Forward

There are two really simple and inexpensive ways to brighten someone's holiday spirits that I thought I'd share for today's gift idea. The first one was brought to my attention after my dear friend Melissa wrote on Facebook a few months ago how her whole day turned around (after a teary one minutes earlier) when the kind person in front of her in the Starbucks drive-thru paid her tab. Such a simple easy way to brighten someone's day. You don't even have to leave the car. I must say I did this a few months ago (if you have limits to your generosity, you can always ask what the person ahead's tab is or simply count heads in the car and hope they aren't the office intern) and it felt more energizing than my latte. It's the little things.

Another little idea that I got from my mom which I love to "give" year-round is super easy and costs you nothing. If you are like me, you get a ton of coupons from stores in the mail or in emails. For example, today at Borders I brought in my 33% off one item coupon. Well I printed out three of them and only needed one. The two people in front of me didn't have coupons in their hand so I handed each of them one and saved them some money. They were so appreciative. One woman was thankful because her printer was broken. So, it's a super easy way to make someone's day. It's fun to give these out in stores with escalators because then it's a little race to hand it to the person, say "I have an extra coupon. Enjoy!" and then look back lovingly in hopes they find you generous and not creepy. And possibly attractive. It's a win/win.

A little goes a long way!
Pia The Pig

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails