Wednesday, October 21, 2009

USA: Rocking The World in London

This past weekend was great. My Longhorns won, and I had a fun Sunday seeing Whip It and designing some totally awesome 80's party invites for a friend. But, my favorite part was waking up at 7am boooooth Saturday and Sunday to watch the U.S. gymnastics team rock the World Championships in London. All four of the girls representing the US of A took home individual medals. My favorites Bridget Sloan and Rebecca Bross went 1-2 in the All-Around, respectively. Here are two of their routines.

Bross on Beam: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEYl0-lzeRE
Sloan on Floor: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgFOkPT4Kts

In celebration of London and looking ahead to 2012, I impulse bought this poster, coming all the way from, you guessed it, London. I can't wait to put this up.

Carry On The Legacy, Ladies! Started by Kim Zmeskal winning the AA Gold in Indianapolis in '91. One of my favorite gymnastics moments yet.

GOLDEN!
Pia The Pig

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I'm not sure I had ever seen that Kim Zmeskal video. It made me a little teary.

    Deena

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails