Wednesday, February 2, 2011

NO BRAINER SOUP FOR YOU.



I just whipped up the easiest, best homemade chicken noodle soup I've ever had. I can say this comfortably only because my mom's soup involves matzo balls of course and therefore makes it different. Anyhoo, I had a rotisserie chicken that I wanted to use up and that was the inspiration, along with this recipe I've made so many times I have memorized.

Okay, so here's my recipe for Brrrrrt's Purrrfect Chicken Noodle Soup (Yep, coined it.)

1. Heat a tablespoon or so of olive oil in a large pot over medium high heat.
2. While that's warming up, chop a handful of baby carrots and a couple of pieces of celery.
3. Add carrots, celery, a bay leaf, and a handful of frozen chopped onions to the pot. (Frozen chopped onions are SO CONVENIENT. No tears, no chopping.)
4. Add a box (or a box and a half if you have two on hand) of chicken broth.
5. While those are simmering, slice some small pieces of chicken off of a store-bought rotisserie chicken. I bought a lemon pepper chicken from Wal-Mart and I'm convinced that's why this soup had such great flavor. I chopped about a cup and a half. Add the chicken to the pot.
6. Add the pasta. I went for this and it was perfect. I probably added about a cup/cup and a half. Just eyeball it. You can't ever have too many noodles.


7. Simmer for about 7 minutes or until the pasta is done to your liking.

Grab a hunk of bread and hit the couch. Then, of course put one serving in the freezer to share with a friend who has a cold and enjoy the rest for yourself. Cheers!

Pia The Pig

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails