Friday, February 4, 2011

My Thoughts On The Snow


Blame it on cancer, or whatever you will, but after learning that at least three close friends of mine lost loved ones this week, and I read other friends' blogs about cancer who are scared that each day might be their last, I have to share this quote (I made a slight winter adaptation above) I found last night on a lovely post here. People are going nuts here over the snow and it's immense inconveniences. Yes, I missed a doctor's appointment I really needed to have, and deadlines are being missed on work projects. Things are closed and it's annoying and inconvenient. Super Bowl travel is a super mess.

But it's beautiful. I've cooked more this week and spent more time in the pajama pants I got for Hanukkah than usual. I've slowed down, not texted while driving, and amused myself with all the stuff I have at home. Laughed with my mom about her energy to clean her oven. Smiled that my sister-in-law was overjoyed to spend every 9-5 moment with my nephew. Reminded that people are good as a total stranger got out of his warm car to push mine up the road the other day.

I can't help but think of those who have moved on up to the heavenly gorgeous skies this week. They're having a party and reminding us that they are okay. Throwing confetti down on us.

photo

You can't change the weather, only your attitude.

I know it's a soapbox but it's my blog.
Pia The Pig

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails