Wednesday, February 9, 2011

EasyHealthyYummy

Never have three come together so well since TLC's CrazySexyCool. Until just now. I decided on the way home that I felt like some guacamole and remembered I had some red peppers in the fridge. After gathering a few ingredients and an impulse salsa (Miss Renfro's Peach Salsa, made in Fort Worth, TX) buy at the store, I decided to actually try the recipe on the salsa jar, which took 5 seconds and was awesome. Here's what I did and you should, too. I made enough for dinner tonight and lunch tomorrow for myself.

Defrost some (5-6) frozen skinless boneless chicken tenders (I use these ALL the time and they defrost in about 3 minutes in the microwave). Dump about half the salsa jar over the chicken in a freezer bag and let it marinate 30 minutes or more.


Go lay on the couch or read a blog.

At least thirty minutes later, warm up a grill pan (you need one of these if you don't have one) and while it's heating, chop up a red pepper or two into strips.

Once the grill is warm, add some non-stick spray and the chicken and pepper(s). Cook for about 5 minutes, turning the chicken once, and you're ready to go! I paired this with some blue corn chips and one of these amazing 100-calorie packs of my favorite guac ever, Wholly Guacamole.


I added a tortilla under the chicken but this chicken is so tasty, you really don't even need it. Now I don't like spicy foods and this was not spicy, just flavorful. So, you can add some peppers, etc. as you wish. Salsa is a great marinate and healthy, too. Tonight's impromptu deliciousness was a great reminder that if you have no idea what to make, look on the package of something you like: salsa, soup, even pasta. If there's only room for one or two recipes on a package, you know that company thinks it better be good.

Hope you enjoy this one!
Pia The Pig

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails