Friday, October 22, 2010

Awesomely Easy Lasagna

Last night I had friends over and decided to whip up my first lasagna. I found this article from Cooking Light about their favorite slow cooker recipes. Well, this Pesto Lasagna with Spinach and Mushrooms looked delicious, light-ish, and easy enough to whip up for a weeknight dinner.

I read the comments and actually adapted this to be an oven recipe. I cooked it for about an hour on 375. I never used the "oven-ready" lasagna noodles before but they were easy to find and came out great. Even better, this made enough for an army. It fed my two friends and me, and enough for at least two batches of leftovers.

My friend Melissa wasn't feeling well so I decided to bring dinner to her husband and make her day a little bit easier. I packed up leftover lasagna, salad and bread, and even the AWESOME salted caramel cupcakes my friends brought over from Whole Foods. I added some sprinkles and Halloween marshmallows to the container for her kids to decorate the cupcakes for Halloween. It was easy to put together and very appreciated.

I've been trying to cook more meals at home, but sometimes the thought of cooking a dish that serves 4-6 for just 1 seems a bit ridiculous. I've decided to go for it, to try new recipes, and bring leftovers to friends to surprise them with a nice heat-and-eat dinner. Any suggestions? You might be next!

Enjoy!
Pia The Pig

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails