Wednesday, March 24, 2010

You Can Still Call Me Big Money



Well, today were the final auditions for Wheel. I practiced my pencils down to the nib (seksi), put on my "nighttime" makeup, (This is the same makeup I always wear with just more eyeliner...still trying to master the Taylor Swift eyeliner wing. Stellar, right?) and headed downtown to the hotel where the tryouts were taking place.

I got there early (a winning feat in itself). I stayed focused as all of the other contestants visited with each other, playing my new Hangman book. (Sidenote: on a trip to both Barnes & Noble AND Borders the night before to find such book, I saw two of my best lady pals at either store. I love my bibliophile friends!) Anyway, it was time to be called in and...you know what? This explains the whole thing.

Cut to my experience: I called all the right letters during the first round and did well on the test. I know I got at least 12 or 13 of the 16 puzzles correct. But alas, my name was not called to stay. I was surprised. And bummed. But oddly calm. It was not the right time for Big Money to shine. But I will never give up. I am moving to a great new place soon, and I left the tryouts excited to go sign the lease and get movin' on.

Big Money will survive and rear her glittery money face again. You just watch.

When Life Hands You Lemons print by dearcolleen on etsy via Joanna Goddard

PS-I walked to my car and turned my phone back on to find numerous texts and emails asking how I fared. My disappointment turned to lemonade as I was once again touched and thankful for having such dear friends.

Pia The Pig

2 comments:

  1. Love it. I do not love that I actually read that whole long post from the person who tried out. Only because I couldn't solve any of the puzzles (ok, well, a few) and generally do not watch WOF (blasphemy, I know). Anyway, I think it's amazing that you got that far and think a big congrats is in order!

    What the h? I didn't know you were moving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where, where are you moving? So exciting!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails