Monday, January 18, 2010

I Must Say, I Am Intrigued


I saw this face dance on my tv this past weekend as I turned on The Men's U.S. Figure Skating Championships. I wanted to take a look at Evan Lysacek (Nastia's boytoy) in action, but was more distracted-slash-intrigued-slash my-eyes-are-burning-is-that-glitter-and-feathers? hot mess that is Johnny Weir. Am I late in the game to just now be jumping on the "who the hell is Johnny Weir" bandwagon? I don't know. Anyway, the skating was excellent, tensions high as this competition had a strong roll in deciding the U.S. Men's Olympic Figure Skating Team (Jeremy Abbott, Evan Lysacek, and Weir), and the commentators were of course, totally into it.

So, triple salchows and excitement aside, it left me quite curious about these men and especially Johnny. Luckily, Sundance is just beginning a new series, Be Good Johnny Weir, which "Lights, camera, axel! The eight-part Sundance Channel original documentary series, BE GOOD JOHNNY WEIR explores the life of one of America's most outspoken and colorful sports figures, three-time U.S. National Figure Skating Champion and World Medalist Johnny Weir." The series airs Mondays at 10:30pm e/p beginning January 18. Watch the trailer below. Is Johnny the Lady Gaga of skating? I'm kinda thinking yes. I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails