Saturday, October 3, 2009

The Fair Rocked

God Bless Texas. The fair was great. Robin and I had a great time, but the highlight was watching our friend Tara belt out some country hits as she filled in brilliantly for her mom's band, Lantana. I'll take you through the day!

We started taking a ride on the Texas Star. 5 minute wait, not $14 like I thought. Nice view. Great way to start our afternoon of eatin'.


First food stop: corn dog. The photo is awful. The corn dog was amazing.


Next we walked around, people-watching at its finest, shopped, and of course, hit up the fried butter. Robin and I shared the garlic flavor (tasted just like garlic bread) and I got a fried Elvis (PB, honey, and bananas, of course). Woo hoo! The fried Elvis was a bit much, but nonetheless...fried.


Check out my inpulse-bought orange heart-shaped sunglasses!

Then I met Selena Gomez...


We said "Howdy" to Big Tex...



And then I won a giant banana!


And then ate a chocolate-covered frozen one. YUM!


What a delicious time. Robin, hope you enjoyed your first visit to the fair.

What did y'all eat there?

When in doubt, fry it!
Pia The Pig

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails