Sunday, May 17, 2009

Springtime = Time To Eat And Drink All Things Awesome


Last night I whipped up a quick, impromptu, Peach Sangria. It was killer! I love sangria, especially with white wine. It's so light and delicious, and feels so much better to drink than a beer when it's warm out and I am wearing a skirt. I don't know, it's like, the feminine way to drink...or something.

Anyhoo, I have made a few sangrias, but this one was great and not too sweet. Here's what I used.

2 bottles cheap (2 for $10) Savignon Blanc
about 8-10oz Peach Nectar
maybe 1/3 cup sugar, to taste
3 peaches, sliced

That's it! It will be gone in no time. I found an organic Peach Nectar at Newflower Market and I think that helped tone down some of sugary sweetness out of it. Finally, I poured it into my favorite spigot jug, and voila! Peach sangria, ready to enjoy, all spring and summer long.

A spigot jug is a must-have for all your sangrias, lemonades, and that delicious cucumber water I never seem to make but always enjoy. I can't remember where I found mine, but here's an adorable one at Crate and Barrel.


And a ridiculously expensive one from Anthro.
Happy Entertaining!
Pia The Pig

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails