Monday, February 14, 2011

The Greatest Love Story Of All

Happy Valentine's Day, my loved friends and readers. I love Valentine's Day. I love red and pink and hearts and candy and a reminder for us all to express our love to all of the angels who grace our lives.

It's with a heavy heart that I blog today as a dear friend, a total stranger to me yet not a stranger at all, Sarah, will celebrate this day of love as most likely her last on this earth. Her husband's blog post today is simply beatiful and perfect for a topic that is usually anything but. Their fight together was through sickness and in health and 100% together, hand in hand in devotion. How fitting that today would be the day that Sarah starts her life with God in Heaven, as she leaves a legacy to those who knew her and strangers who were inevitably touched by her story of awesome grace, courage and love. There were over 141,000 hits to her site as of today. How awesome to inspire so many by your selfless, brave, Godly life.

There are a lot of amazing comments on the blog, and I will repost this from another reader.

"Don't weep at my grave,
For I am not there,
I've a date with a butterfly
To dance in the air.
I'll be singing in the sunshine,
Wild and free,
Playing tag with the wind
While I'm waiting for thee."
-Author unknown

Sarah's special phrase is below. I will continue to repeat it to myself as I encounter life with a "How would Sarah shine through this?" attitude.


Please take today and each day to share your gifts with others and to truly let those in your life know that they help you shine your brightest.



With immense love,
Pia The Pig

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails