Sunday, February 13, 2011

An Awesome Day



Today was a great day to spend with family, my five Valentines, and thank God for a gorgeous day and for giving me such an amazing family who are also my friends.

I made this casserole (which was AWESOME!!), a banana bread recipe that I will share, and Mom and Dad brought a great fruit salad. My brother, sister-in-law and nephew came over too with gorgeous roses in hand. We had brunch, exchanged valentines (my nephew got a $10 bill and was waving it around as if it was a million bucks), and then walked to the great playground by my house, where we watched my nephew Jack play as we visited and even hit the swings together.


Then we returned to my house to decorate a big heart-shaped cookie cake. Great times.

The little things mean so much more than all the crazy stuff we all buy for each other. Trust me, I love that, too. But giving each other our precious time really meant the most. Sure I had stuff to do but nothing was going to stop me from swinging next to my mom like we were Jack's age again.



“The love of a family is life's greatest blessing”

Bear Hug print here

XOXO,
Pia The Pig

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails