Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Well These Look Awesome

I just found out that it's one of my co-worker's 30th birthday. This can't go uncelebrated. So, after finding out her favorite flavor is caramel and a quick 5 minute search online, I found these adorable Caramel Apple Cupcakes on a new blog find, Crave. Indulge. Satisfy.



These look easy enough to make and I just love the green (or red) liners and stick inserts. What food involving a stick is not awesome? I am going to make these tonight or just go easy and make good ole mini caramel apples. Either way, can't wait to drop them in a bag and tie them up with one of the 6732435656756 spools of ribbon I discovered that I have. Stay tuned for pics later. And in the meantime, mouths, prepare to water.

Pia The Pig

UPDATE! Made these! I added a sour apple ring to the top (of course, and ate 7/8 of the bag while decorating.) I used this frosting recipe (because I didn't have heavy cream and my substitute looked wrong,) which turned out like more of an icing, and I ran out of time so the butter didn't quiiiiiite melt perfectly, but for my first ever homemade cupcake, I'm happy! Without frosting, these would be a really great muffin. And because my knife skills are a D- at best, the chunks of green apple inside were a nice surprise.


**Sidenote: If you don't have a cupcake carrier, these dollar store chip and dip holders double as a perfect carrier.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails