Friday, May 21, 2010

Casual Friday



Not gonna lie, I am kinda loving my outfit today (minus the numerous chins in that photo)! And just 6 minutes into the office, and my friend Andria said, "Great summer outfit!" So I am taking a moment to toot my own horn and show you the pieces. Don't worry, there's a non-self-involved post following this one.

I purchased this amazing and oh-so-relevant-to-this-blog tee at of course, Forever 21, as part of my Awesome Weekend In Austin.

Adding some bling when wearing a tee and Bermudas and as you will see later, unisex shoes, is key. I am a girl, let's remember and hope everyone else does. So, why not add to Casual Friday Office Outfit with a paper clip necklace! I got mine from Forever 21, again, of course, and could only find the safety pin version online, but they have the clips in store. Bert (Ernie, not my cat) would be so proud. Very collectible.

I'm pairing the above with these great Bermudas from American Eagle in grey. I wore the navy ones yesterday. They are really soft and a great price. And bonus, this weekend, get $1 flip-flops with any shorts purchase.

Finally, the shoes. I could dedicate a post alone to my new classic red Vans, but here you go. I've worn these for two days in a row now and I have decided they will be My Summer Shoe 2010, which is a little bit scary since a)they are not flip-flops and b)I don't wear them with socks. I sweat. A lot. All summer. From head to toe. So My Summer Shoe 2010 might easily because My Smelly Summer Shoe May 2010, but we'll see. I love red shoes and I knew I had to get these after my BFF Katie was sporting these last time I saw her. So, I picked up a pair at the outlets in Round Rock and will be channeling her indie spirit all summer long, or as we know, as long as I can feel okay about Texas feet in summer shoes. All that stench talk really took the sweetness out of copying my friend, but whatever. We are honest here at AAAD.

What are YOUR summer staples?

TGIF!
Pia The Pig

3 comments:

  1. Heart the keds. Perfect for summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great outfit! A huge new Forever 21 just opened here and I'm pretty convinced that I don't need to shop anywhere else. Ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome!!! Beautiful choice and selection of summer dress for women. the t-shirt is casual that I like to wear in holiday. The jewelry is so gorgeous. I appreciate your good post..

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails