Saturday, February 20, 2010

Some Awesome Money-Saving Tips For YOU!


Today I have some excellent money-saving tips for you! I had quite the successful errand-running little Saturday, and I think you might like to hear! First, I headed to DSW to look for some silver shoes for a wedding. Well, I found some adorbs little black ones by Nina (loads of great styles) and was happy to see they were pretty reasonable. Before I left, I of course headed to the clearance rack, where I found the exact same pair of shoes I wanted, these with a lovely red 30% label on them. The last two times I have been at DSW, the shoes I wanted from the front of the store were also in the back. So, I grabbed both boxes and headed to the front, where they of course, gave me the same shoes, now for 30% off. Savings: $15! Also, if you aren't already a member of their rewards program, it's definitely worth it. Last year I earned at $40 off coupon!

Then, I headed to Marshalls, where I of course loaded up on some new designs of those amazing $2.99 two-sets of recyclable totes. Love them! I also took a peek in the baby section where last time I found a Juicy sweatsuit for my friend for about a third of the price of the retail price tag still attached. This time, I found a bunch of SmallPaul by Paul Frank onesies that I can't wait to give away to some preggo friends! Total score. I am telling you, if you are headed to a Baby Shower, head to Marshalls first.

Next on my to-do's was a long-overdue trip to a Coinstar machine to turn in my piggy banks for some cash. OR, in this case, gift cards! I am sure you have loads of change (or even a little...it really adds up) lying around the house. Well, head to Coinstar, because now you can turn in your pennies for gift cards. There's no fee for counting, and the machine spits out a gift card right there and then. I split up my change and got a $17 card to Starbucks, $15 to Borders, $9.99 to iTunes, and $8 or so to the movies. So awesome. It's like Chrismakkah in February. Here's a list of all the places you can get the gift cards for, or you can pay a small fee and get CASH MONEY, HOS!

Overall, a great little few hours. Sure, I bought a pair of shoes and loads of goodies at Marshalls, but I walked away with a Starbucks card in my purse and felt oh-so-successful.

Happy Savings!
Pia The Pig

1 comment:

  1. How I didn't see you, I'm not sure. I went on the same circuit on Saturday followed by a little Anthropologie. I found a potentially ridiculous one-piece shorts jumper at Marshall's. I know, sounds heinous, right? And, I don't "do" shorts. But, whatever. I decided to give it a try...Mark might veto leaving the house with me in it (or I might return it), but that's a whole other issue.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails