Tuesday, November 10, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SESAME STREET!!

In case you didn't know, based on all of the amazing coverage this week and last, SESAME STREET TURNS 40 TODAY! What an amazing accomplishment as such a dear and successful show has stamped itself in pop culture forever. As most of you know, I have held Sesame Street and all of the Muppets very close to my heart (and all around my workspace) for many years now. But it's no doubt we can all celebrate the moments and memories and amazing lessons it has taught us and our loved ones for years.

I have been enthused and not at all surprised to see all of the media attention that SS has gotten this week, but I wasn't expecting so many days of Sesame Google logos to appear! Here's a collection from the past week.









Awesome. Also, YouTube has dedicated a channel to Sesame Street today. Round up the kiddos or just take a walk down memory lane with hundreds of amazing video clips right here.

This is one of my all-time favorites.

Finally, AAAD Reader Kim almost made me break my computer monitor trying to reach in and grab these AWESOME Sesame Street Cake Pops via Bakerella.

These are so incredibly adorable and delicious looking. (Also, pretty hard to make, but you can go here to get beautifully-photographed step-by-step instructions.)

FABULOUS!

Okay, let me know your favorite Sesame character and your favorite video and we'll post 'em here.

Here's to 40 more!
Pia The Pig

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails