Thursday, September 10, 2009

Happy National TV Dinner Day!

On this day, in 1953, Swanson sells its first T.V. Dinner.


Swanson, the other sibling in our house growing up, shared many a meal with me, and I just loved it. That Salisbury Steak is still warm with memories of the 80's, the always warm and confusing raspberry thing, followed by the sadly-no-longer-to-be-found Jello Pudding Pops were just the ticket for watching Who's The Boss after I finished reading my Weekly Reader.


Check out this amazing tribute to Swanson and its brilliance in finally making sense of the compartmentalized plate.



Bonus trivia question! What were the first three main courses introduced by Swanson?
(pretend this is written upside-down like any good trivia answer)
Turkey, Fried Chicken, Salisbury Steak (you can thank me later, post-Trivial Pursuit win)

Cheers to microwavable meat!
Pia The Pig

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails